Advocacy 101 Broadcast Series for ANA Members
The American Brain Coalition (ABC) and American Neurological Association (ANA) have joined forces to present the Advocacy 101 Broadcast Series, a tool to help advocates at all levels successfully navigate the halls of Congress—virtually or in-person—and to establish and maintain relationships with their legislators. These three broadcasts will help you:
- Begin (or enhance) your advocacy efforts;
- Get to know your federal legislators;
- Identify legislators’ connections to neuroscience and brain health issues;
- Host effective advocacy meetings in and outside of Washington, DC and virtually; and
- Engage with legislators through traditional and social media.
Whether you're new to advocacy or a seasoned pro, these broadcasts will provide you with useful tips and ideas to bolster your efforts.
This broadcast provides an overview of advocacy vs. lobbying, the branches of government, federal funding, and more. Not sure where to begin your advocacy efforts? Start by watching this episode.
Additional Resources for this episode:
- Identify your Member of Congress and Senators
- Research their position on brain health issues
- Find out if your Representative is a member of the Congressional Neuroscience Caucus
*Note: When we refer to the words “brain,” “central nervous system,” or “CNS” we are also including the areas of Neurology & Neuroscience that deal with the peripheral nervous system.